The Hunter Development Corporation facilitates development by the private sector on key State land holdings under its control.
Currently, there is a mix of sites under the Corporation’s control, including former BHP and other industrial lands and the Honeysuckle project area.
Some of these lands are subject to long term leases, others sold under contract to develop and others undergoing various stages of remediation.
A Typical Development Process:
- Site preparation
- Site marketing
- Call for development proposals
- Preferred proponent (developer) selected
- Negotiations for contract for sale and development exchanged
- Development Application submitted by developer to consent authority
- Development Application determined
- Construction Certificate
- Contract settled for sale and development of site (site sold if DA approved)
- Construction starts